PHOTOSHOP BASICS TUTORIALS: found here!
- class routine, Course Information sheet, personal profile
Mon, Feb 2nd
- Design project one: looking at the elements and principles of design
- E's and P's Research - first you need to understand what each of the elements and principles of design are so you can then incorporate this understanding into your first design challenge
After you have correctly identified each element and principle and understand them (completed the E's P's Research sheet) you can start looking for the images you need to complete the design project. You can look on flickr (easy to identify the photographer) or find what you can on various search engines - making sure to record the sources for each image you use.
Tues - Fri, Feb 6th
- begin project by looking for images needed to make your PHOTO GRIDS
- learn how to CROP and use the SHAPE SELECTION tools in photoshop
Mon - finish up PHOTO GRIDS
Tues - Quick Selections Tool, Colour enhancement and transformation tools Lesson
assignment "CREATURE CREATIONS"
Wed & Thurs - work periods for Creature Creations - try the different tools we looked at including this new technique:
Layer Masking in Photoshop Elements 8
* why use a layer mask instead of just erasing parts of an image once placed on another image to reveal the layer below??? well because the only way to undo this is to go into your undo history. A layer mask allows you to make edits, but go back and forth between adding and subtracting areas without actually making any real edits to the photo. This is called "non-destructive editing."
Each video shows a slightly different way of doing the same thing, try whichever makes sense to you. The best way to learn is by trying... ask your neighbours or me for help if you need it.
Activity: Try to use the layer mask by getting 2 images from the internet. One image with some sort of texture, and one just a picture of a person.
If you have completed the research for part one of this assignment you can begin DIGITAL COLLAGE ASSIGNMENT PART 2
Monday & Tuesday
Researching for Part 2 of the assignment: Which Social Justice Issue are you interested in?
Wed & Thurs Feb 25th, and 26th
-work period (continued research/ finish up and find images for your collage) YOU need to find several images related to your theme
Friday - sketch out a layout of the plan for your collage on a piece of paper (considering the principles of design - does not matter what the images look like - not an extremely well drawn plan, just a sketch of the plan)
- use the images you have found to begin putting things together in photoshop
Monday, March 2nd - Collage Work Period - Quick review of how to create a LAYER MASK
DIGITAL COLLAGE ASSIGNMENT ASM3O (the whole project - includes PART 3)
DIGITAL COLLAGE ASSIGNMENT ASM4M (the whole project - includes PART 3)
March 2nd to 13th - work periods for collage & research assignment - Collage will be due the week we return from march break.
Monday, March 23rd & 24th - Use Corel Draw to import our collages and add the appropriate text (credit for images used, and your name, and a title if necessary - does it enhance your piece?)
Collage project is due.
Wed, March 25th - Introducing INTERACTIVE MEDIA PROJECT - the Makey Makey
Creators of the Makey Makey from MIT wanted to give everyone in the world a chance to be inventors, now it is your turn! WATCH the story here.
Thurs, March 26 - OSSLT - no class
Fri, March 27th
1) Complete your Digital Collage Assignment - final day to complete
2) Do your: Makey Makey Research **save into a new folder called "MAKEYMAKEY PROJECT"
3) next week on monday bring in supplies you need to start building your makey makey. (including laptops for those who have them, and phones for filming the process)
Mon, Mar 30th
- complete makey makey Research - and brainstorming
Tues, Mar 31
- take a look at Camera Angles (refresher from last year)
- begin building/ experimenting with Makey Makey to create your idea - video the process
Wed, April 1
- work period - MAKEY MAKEY - finish up brainstorming/ research
- continue building your project components
Thurs April 2
- SOCDOC festival -Opportunity to participate: info here
- work period - MAKEY MAKEY - continue building your project
Tues, April 7 -Thurs April 9th
- work on Makey makey project (finish up building your project - the controllers)
- be sure to have a creative name for your interactive art project - make a sign with the name
- Continue to get video footage of your project in the making
Fri April 10th
- Makey Makey projects are set up for interaction to happen * in front foyer and in the class
video the people using your project
Mon April 13th
- finish the Interactive art project - answer the reflection question
- be sure you have completed the research and brainstorming page for marking
- edit your video footage to create a short video that shows the process of your project in the making and then some people using it after you have completed it. * if you need more footage do that first
Tues April 14th, 15th
ASM3O Creative Video Project
Thurs & Fri April 16th
ASM3O - Storyboarding and writing lyrics- begin filming
ASM4M some media artists and inspiration to look at:
- https://www.adbusters.org/ - check out the #mindbombs link
- time lapse drawing videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIqWPohGmmM
- stop motion - Post it notes video
- stop motion - Sweet Dreams by award winning artist: Kirsten Lepore
Mon, April 20th - 23rd - fri- PD day
Wyatt Feedback - videos to check out - drawing in progress #2 #3 (consider time you have and scale of drawing) #4 (consider breaking it up into quadrants- as far as photographing it goes) #5 (what about adding colour?) a dragon one
- continue working on PSA, PARODY OR PROMO film project - getting video footage today and tomorrow last day (edit on Wed and THurs)
Mon, April 27th -ASM4M gr. 12's in the art room - (Wyatt, Brianna, and Dan)
Wyatt will be able to access the i-pad and tripod he needs to work on his (on my desk) - ask him to plug the i-pad back in after he is finished using it. *please ensure this equipment is put on my desk and the i-pad plugged in just behind my desk at the end of the period.
Brianna is working on creating a storyboard plan for her first proposed work and then starting to make her characters - she can use any of the paper at the back of the art room and there are scissors out as well. If she would like - there is cardboard along the side of the classroom in a box which she can use to make her set if she wants.
Dan is also working on planning his stop motion animation through drawing up a storyboard - This is what he should be working on first. Tell him to finish this before starting to make the set which I assume he will need to create for the characters he talked about using are figures he already has (and doesn’t need to make).
GR. 11's (ASM3O) - finish editing video if not complete
- Begin working on STOP MOTION ANIMATION project - introduction
part 1: RESEARCH & BRAINSTORMING
Tues, April 28th
*make sure to finish the Research/ Brainstorming first - then begin writing script/ storyboard (as outlined in Project Outline)
Tips to remember when creating a Stop Mo- Animation
Timeline for this project:
April 27-May 1 - brainstorm/research, write script, create storyboard, build sets & characters/ props
May 4-5 - finish building sets/ props
May 5, 6, 7, 8, 11 & 12 - I-pads booked for shooting (900 plus photos)
Wed- another few stop mo's to look at here
May 13 - Movie Poster Assignment (3 days to complete) - read over - begin doing research - show teacher finished research then you can go into art room to take pictures of your characters/ set to use for your poster
Jamie and Adam I saved the pics you took Tues in a folder in each of your H drive's
May 18 - Victoria Day Holiday
Tues, May 19-20th - finish shooting stop motion video - i-Pads in the art room
gr. 12 first project (independent proposal) extended due date - May 19th - begin your second proposed project.
Thurs, May 21-22 - upload Stop Mo pics in sequence to Youtube - convert to MP4 - Edit in Premiere Sounds/ record voice over - using Garageband or sound recorder on computer.
**** YOUTUBE - MP4 (from stop motion app - youtube upload) then convert:
1) convert: http://youtubeinmp4.com
Alex and Mathilda - https://youtu.be/aJHOPxcbZo8
Bailey, Chase and Kaitlyn - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xmCkEb3PxI
Ezra and David - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIglOtBxbYw&feature=em-upload_owner
allan - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGyX4grCxC0&feature=em-upload_owner
Austin & Zack- https://youtu.be/EcXtCU_fxnQ
Josh & Liam - https://youtu.be/8QwWBtBp8yk
Wyatt - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me7QyEWZPdA
Austin and Zack - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcXtCU_fxnQ
Stop Motion Animation Projects DUE: May 25th - watch each others movies - critiques and reflections
Tues, May 26th-
What is a GIF?
The Graphics Interchange Format (better known by its acronym GIF /ˈdʒɪf/ or /ˈɡɪf/) is a bitmap image format that was introduced by CompuServe in 1987 and has since come into widespread usage on the World Wide Web due to its wide support and portability. IT supports both animated and static images. - wikipedia
More examples: ESPN LOOP STUDIO ANIMATION
how to create an animated gif using Photoshop elements
HOW TO MAKE GIF's - SOME HELPFUL VIDEOS:
USING PHOTOS and another
June 1 - Finish working on your GIF - due by end of class Tuesday, June 2nd (tomorrow)
Gr. 12's - finish your 2nd proposed media art work - due at the end of todays class
* WYATT - URL link for project 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enfmu5OrWUo
Begin creating a WIX website. WIX: http://www.wix.com -WIX website set-up tips
Website Design- make one page and highlight tips about how to effectively design a website and apply these skills to the design of this page. Content for the page should be: HOW TO DESIGN A WEBSITE - come up with at least 10 tips for good website design and include them with some images of examples of great web page designs. (provide source information).
Website Portfolio design & one more Media Art piece
my WIX website example: http://jmezizzle.wix.com/mezwix